Creativity is a mystical power that connects us to the Divine, our own little splash of life’s vast cosmic ocean. It’s also an effective—if addictive—painkiller.
Chances are you’re more creative than you might think. Here are ways to create a more mindful life, with tips, inspirational stories, and resources to use.
Get started now
- Find inspiration. Wander a craft, art supply, wood-working, or gardening store and pick up something inexpensive to play with. It’s cheap therapy.
- Take a class. Community college Continuing Ed classes, which range from coding to photography, are usually a bargain.
- Join a creative community. Few things are more nurturing than surrounding yourself with a like-minded group, whether that’s fellow writers or gardening buddies who swap seeds and cuttings.
- Try something easy. Doodling or coloring a mandala are easy places to start. The end result doesn’t matter; the point is to play with colors, lines, and shapes.
- Read. Dip a toe into my article on spirituality and the imagination.